World-renowned domestic cleaning company Merry Maids share how the Covid-19 pandemic has changed the way that they operate to ensure the safety of their customers and employees remains of the utmost importance.
Following the government announcement a few months ago, we were unable to deliver our professional domestic cleaning services to the thousands of customers who rely on us for a clean and hygienic home each week. Instead, we stayed home, stayed safe but kept in touch with our customers and staff, whilst developing ways to resume our services safely and sensitively when the time came.
Keeping homes clean and hygienic has never been more important. It is proven that the spread of the virus can be reduced through strict hygiene controls, as well as rigorous cleaning and sanitisation regimes, something that we are experts in.
Now that we have re-opened, much to the delight of our loyal customers, we have changed the way that we operate to ensure that our professional domestic cleaning service is safe and effective, whilst also taking in to account our customers’ individual requirements.
- Working with all of our customers to create customised cleaning regimes based on their new requirements
- Retraining our employees on extra cleaning disciplines such as, ‘high touch point’ cleaning
- Wearing PPE throughout customer homes and maintaining social distancing
- Using specialist anti-viral products effective against germs, bacterial and enveloped viruses (such as previous strains of Coronavirus)
- Calling ahead to customers to ensure that they do not have any symptoms and have not been in contact with another person displaying symptoms or with a confirmed case of Covid-19 before allowing employees to deliver a service
- All employees to confirm on the day of work that they do not have any symptoms and have not been in contact with another person displaying symptoms or with a confirmed case of Covid-19
The above points are just some of the extra measures that we are taking. For further information regarding how we are working safely and compliantly throughout the Covid-19 pandemic, please visit our dedicated page here, or contact your local Merry Maids business.
“We have adhered to government guidance throughout, and so we are delighted to be able to return to doing what we do best, making homes clean and hygienic. It goes without saying that we have always, and will continue to, put the safety of our customers and employees at the forefront of what we do.”
– Steve Morris, Merry Maids Brand Manager.